All Community College Teams will register on Direct Athletics.
NOTE: If you have an athlete or Relay team that you think is good enough to be in the University / Elite portion of the Mt. SAC Relays the following week make sure you enter them in that meet as well. You will find a link to a Direct Athletics registration site for the University section and the Elite section. Entering your athlete in the Community College section does not put them into consideration for any another section of the Mt. SAC Relays.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
Registration opens on March 1, 2022 at 12:01am (PT) Pacific Time
Registration closes on April 1, 2022 at 11:59pm (PT)
Accepted Entries Posted: A list of all athletes accepted into this year’s Mt. SAC Relays and the events they are in will be posted at runmtsac.com by 5:00pm (PT) on Monday, April 4, 2022.
Scratch Deadline: If you are going to scratch an ‘accepted’ athlete you will have until 9:00pm (PT) on Tuesday, April 5, 2022 to do so. You will be charged the Registration fee for all ‘accepted’ athletes that you have not scratched by this deadline.
Final Confirmation: We will post final accepted entries along with heat/section information by 5:00 pm (PT) on Friday, April 8, 2022.
ENTRY MARKS: All marks submitted must be achieved using a fully automatic timing system. NO hand times will be accepted.
VERIFICATION OF ENTRY MARKS: All submitted entries must be verified marks from the 2021 and 2022 season only. Be prepared to submit the name and date of the competition where the mark you are entering was achieved. NOTE: In the majority of contested events, Direct Athletics will force or list your best mark.
MINIMUM ENTRY STANDARDS: While there are no minimum entry standards, be aware that there are a limited number of spaces available in each event. We will only be accepting the top marks from those that are entered according to the following formula:
- Field Events will accept the top 12 athletes entered.
- The 1500m will accept the top 12 athletes entered.
- The Steeplechase will accept the top 16 athletes entered.
- The 5000m will accept the top 18 athletes entered.
- All other running events will accept the top 18 athletes or relay teams entered. There will be two sections of each running event. Awards will be determined on overall combined results of the two sections.
- This means that the act of ‘registering’ DOES NOT mean that the athlete or relay team that you submit will be automatically be accepted into the meet.
Relay Teams: $60.00
CONTESTED EVENTS: 100-200-400-800-1500-3000SC-5000-100H-110H-400H-4×100-4×400-LJ-TJ-HJ-PV-SHOT-DISCUS-JAVELIN-HAMMER
SCRATCHES: If you must scratch AFTER the scratch deadline has passed please use the link below:
- If you scratch an athlete or relay team AFTER our “Scratch Deadline” you will still be charged the full registration fee.
PACKET PICK UP: Team packets and entrance wristbands can be picked up at the box office located in the main stadium entrance (North end of stadium). Park in Lot F on the north side of Temple. Take the tunnel that runs beneath Temple and follow the signage. IMPORTANT NOTE: We do not ‘hold’ packets for individuals from the teams to pick up their credentials throughout the day. The first one to arrive on scene at packet pick up will receive the entire packet. It is up to you to coordinate any distribution of contents to your staff and athletes. See: https://www.mtsac.edu/maps/athletic_facility_map.pdf
ENTRANCE PROCEDURE FOR ATHLETES: When you arrive at ‘Packet Pick-Up’ you will be given a wristband for every individual athlete that has been accepted into the meet. You will also be given four wristbands for each Relay Team you accepted into our meet. We recognize that your Relay Team members may be running on more than one Relay or they may be in the meet as an individual as well as a Relay Team member. This means that you will end up with more athlete wristbands than probably needed. Use these as you see fit (team manager, trainer, etc.), but please understand that all athletes must have a wristband ON their wrist to enter the stadium. There will be no exceptions. Please plan accordingly.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURE FOR COACHES: Each school will receive coaches’ wristbands calculated upon the following formula:
- One athlete Two wristbands
- Two to five athletes Four wristbands
- Six to twenty athletes Eight wristbands
- More than twenty athletes Ten wristbands
All coaches and/or support personnel with you must have a wristband ON their wrist to enter the stadium. This is a very generous policy and as such there will be no exceptions to this entrance requirement. Please plan accordingly.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We do not treat the men’s and women’s teams from the same school as two separate programs. The wristband numbers above are for your combined men’s and women’s teams.
EVENT CHECK IN:
- FIELD EVENT ATHLETES will check in with the official at your field event site 45 minutes prior to the start of your event. (Example: A 3:00pm High Jump start would report to the competition pit at 2:15pm. General warm-up for that athlete will take place outside of the competition venue.)
- RUNNING EVENT ATHLETES need to be aware of the following steps:
- They must check in at the CLERK OF THE COURSE and declare their intention to run at least 30 MINUTES prior to the start of your event. An athlete can declare earlier and a coach may go through our Clerk Tent and ‘declare’ for their athlete.
- The athlete must report back to the HIPPING area 15 minutes prior to the start of the event to receive their heat and lane assignment along with their hip number. ONLY the athlete can do this.
- The athlete will stay in our Hipping area and be brought to the start line as a group. Make sure they are prepared and ready to go to the start line at this point.
- The Clerk of the Course and the Hipping area will be located behind our scoreboard at the south end of the track. Running Event athletes will enter the track via the gate at the south end of the track in the middle of the curve.
CLERKING DETAILS TO BE AWARE OF:
- Athlete heat and lane change will occur if there are scratches or a competitor falls to declare.
- Final heat and lane assignments will be given on meet day at the Hipping area.
- Depending on the number of sections ran, please be aware that there may still be some slight time changes to the schedule. Please check our runmtsac.com website for FINAL TIME SCHEDULE.
PARKING: There is no charge for bus parking or for school vans. All other vehicles will be charged. Park in lot F located on the NORTH side of Temple Avenue and NORTH of our stadium. See: https://www.mtsac.edu/maps/athletic_facility_map.pdf
TEAM CAMPS AND TENT POLICY:
Team camps (i.e., tents. tarps, shade structures) are NOT allowed in the following locations:
- Lower ring of seats closest to the track on either side of the track
- Warm-up track and the synthetic turf infield of the warm-up track
- Parking structure
Team Camps ARE allowed in the following locations:
- Upper rows of stadium on EAST side of track
- Top 10 rows of stadium on WEST side of track
- Grass field located BEHIND the stadium scoreboard
STADIUM ENTRANCE: Everyone must enter the stadium via the tunnel in Lot F on the NORTH side of Temple Avenue. See: https://www.mtsac.edu/maps/athletic_facility_map.pdf
There is no stadium entrance this year for participants via our parking structure or Bonita Road. That will change when for the 2023 event and construction on our new Aquatics Complex/Gymnasiums and Wellness Center has been completed.
The Mt. SAC Relays will be contested regardless of weather conditions. There are no refunds due to inclement weather, acts of God, police or fire department closure or any other circumstances beyond our control. The Mt. SAC Relays reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule the event. There will be no refunds in the event of cancellation.