All Community College teams will register on Direct Athletics at directathletics.com/meets/track/78100.html
NOTE: If you have an athlete or relay team you would like entered into the Elite Division of the Mt. SAC Relays (following week) you must enter them using the Elite Division registration page on Direct Athletics. Entering your athlete in the Community College section does not put them into consideration for the Elite Division of the Mt. SAC Relays.
DATES AND DEADLINES
- Registration opens on Monday, February 27, 2023 at 12:01am PT
- Registration closes on Saturday, April 1, 2023 at 11:59pm PT
- Accepted Entries posted on Monday, April 3, 2023 at 5:00pm PT. A list of all accepted athletes and the events they are in will be posted at runmtsac.om
- Scratch Deadline on Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at 11:59pm PT. Registration fees will be charged at this time for all “accepted” athletes that have not been scratched.
- Final Confirmation will post accepted entries along with heat / section information by 5:00pm PT on Friday, April 7, 2023.
All marks submitted must be achieved using a fully automatic timing system. No hand times will be accepted.
VERIFICATION OF ENTRY MARKS
All submitted entries must be verified marks from the 2022 and 2023 season only. Be prepared to submit the name and date of the competition where the mark you are entering was achieved. NOTE: In the majority of contested events, Direct Athletics will force or list your best mark.
MINIMUM ENTRY STANDARDS
While there are no minimum entry standards, be aware that there are a limited number of spaces available in each event. We will only be accepting the top verified entry marks using the following formulas:
- Field Events will accept the top 18 athletes entered.
- Running events will accept the top 27 athletes entered.
- Awards will be determined on overall combined results of the three sections.
- The act of “registering” DOES NOT mean the athlete or relay team submitted is automatically accepted into the meet.
Individuals = $25
Relay Teams = $60
- Running Events: 100M, 200M, 400M, 800M, 1500M, 5000M, 10,000M, 100M / 110M Hurdles, 400M Hurdles, 3000M Steeplechase, 4x100M, 4x400M
- Field Events: Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, Pole Vault, Shot Put, Discus, Javelin, Hammer
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
The Community College Division sections of the 63rd Mt. SAC Relays presented by NIKE will be contested on Saturday, April 8. Full schedule HERE.
If you must scratch AFTER the scratch deadline has passed, please do one of the following:
- Phone the Special Events office at (909) 274-5224
- Email email@example.com and put “SCRATCH” in the email subject heading
In either case, please communicate the following information:
- Athlete’s name
- Event(s) athlete is scratching from
- Your name and phone number (we will call and confirm the scratch if needed)
NOTE: Any scratch made after the “Scratch Deadline” will be charged the full registration fee.
Park in Lot F (North side of Temple Avenue). Please use the tunnel that runs beneath Temple and follow signage to the stadium entrance.
- $10 parking fee for all vehicles (no charge for buses and marked college vehicles).
- For directions and maps, please visit the Mt. SAC Maps page at mtsac.edu/maps
Team packets (with entrance wristbands) must be picked up in the Team Packet Pick-Up room located left of the box office (Northeast end of stadium). Men’s and women’s teams are grouped into one team, not as two separate programs.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURE FOR ATHLETES
Athlete wristbands, for all accepted entries (individuals and relay teams), will be enclosed in the team packet. Each athlete must be wearing their wristbands for entry / re-entry into the stadium.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURE FOR COACHES
Each college will receive coaches wristbands calculated upon the following formula:
- One to two athletes = one (1) wristband
- Three to five athletes = two (2) wristbands
- Six to 10 athletes = three (3) wristbands
- 11 to 19 athletes = four (4) wristbands
- More than 20 athletes = five (5) wristbands
All coaches and / or support personnel must have a wristband on their wrist to enter the stadium.
All warm-ups must take place on the practice track / flex field.
EVENT CHECK IN
- FIELD EVENT ATHLETES: Check-in with the official, at your field event site, 45 minutes prior to the start of your event.
- RUNNING EVENT ATHLETES:
- Must check in at the CLERK OF THE COURSE and declare their intention to run at least 30 minutes prior to the start of your event. An athlete or coach may declare at the Clerk’s Tent.
- The athlete must report back to the HIPPING AREA, 15 minutes prior to the start of the event, to receive their heat / lane assignment and hip number. ONLY the athlete may do this.
- The athlete will remain in the hipping area and be escorted to the start line as a group. Make sure they are prepared and ready to go to the start line at this point.
- The Clerk of the Course and the hipping area are located behind our scoreboard at the South end of the track. Running Event athletes will enter the track via the gate at the South end of the track in the middle of the curve.
CLERKING DETAILS OF WHICH TO BE AWARE
- Athlete heat and lane change will occur if there are scratches or a competitor fails to declare.
- Final heat and lane assignments will be given on meet day at the hipping area.
- Depending on the number of sections, please be aware that there may be some slight time changes to the schedule. Please check runmtsac.om for FINAL TIME SCHEDULE.
HAMMER EVENT PARKING
Athletes and coaches competing in the Hammer may park in the lot located next to the Hammer ring (Lot L) if they have already retrieved their team packet / wristbands and are in a marked college vehicle. Please be aware that this is a small lot and if no spots are available, park in the Champion Parking Structure (North of the warm-up track). Parking in other lots / areas / side of road will result in a traffic citation.
TEAM CAMPS AND TENT POLICY
Team camps (i.e., tents, tarps, shade structures) are ONLY allowed in the following locations:
- Upper level / upper rows of East Grandstands
- Grass field located behind the stadium scoreboard
The Mt. SAC Relays will be contested regardless of weather conditions. There are no refunds due to inclement weather, acts of God, police or fire department closure or any other circumstances beyond our control. The Mt. SAC Relays reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule the event. There will be no refunds in the event of cancellation.