USATF GOLDEN GAMES RETURN TO MT. SAC
We are excited to announce that USA Track & Field will be partnering with the Mt. SAC Relays this year to present the “USATF Golden Games at the Mt. SAC Relays”. This partnership includes prize money and a two-hour broadcast on CNBC, 2:00-4:00pm (PT), on Saturday, April 16. Find more Golden Games info, including schedule, HERE.
Mt. SAC’s Elite Entry Coordinator is Brian Yokoyama. You may reach out to him or contact the Mt. SAC Special Events office for more specific information.
The 62nd Mt. SAC Relays presented by NIKE is also one of 12 stops on the 2022 World Athletics Continental Tour Gold series.
- TUE = 10:00am to 5:00pm
- WED = 10:00am to 5:00pm
- THU* = 10:00am to 5:00pm
- FRI* = Whenever stadium is open
- SAT* = Whenever stadium is open
*During event times, GATE and PARKING WILL BE CONTROLLED. You must wear your wristbands for admission. On Saturday, certain areas of the practice track MAY BE CLOSED due to events hosted on practice track.
- TUE** = 10:00am to 5:00pm
- WED = CLOSED
- THU = CLOSED
- FRI = CLOSED
- SAT = CLOSED
**Track is open, but all field event facilities will be closed on the main track.
- All post-collegiate or ‘Elite’ athletes will register on Direct Athletics.
- Collegiate athletes whose performances warrant entry into the Elite Division, must still register with their team (in the collegiate division).
DATES AND DEADLINES:
- OPENS on March 1, 2022 at 12:01am (PT)
- CLOSES on April 1, 2022 at 11:59pm (PT)
- All accepted entries will be posted at runmtsac.com by 5:00pm (PT) on Monday, April 4, 2022.
- If you are going to scratch an ‘accepted’ athlete you will have until 9:00pm (PT) Tuesday, April 5, 2022 to do so. You will be charged the Registration fee for all ‘accepted’ athletes that you have not scratched by this deadline.
- Will be posted on Friday, April 8, 2022 by 5:00pm (PT).
ENTRY MARKS: All marks submitted must be achieved using a fully automatic timing system. No hand times will be accepted.
VERIFICATION OF ENTRY MARKS: All submitted entries must be verified marks from the 2021 and 2022 season only. Be prepared to submit the name and date of the competition where the mark you are entering was achieved. NOTE: In the majority of contested events, Direct Athletics will force or list your best mark.
MINIMUM ENTRY STANDARDS: While there are no minimum entry standards, be aware that there are a limited number of spaces available in each event. We will only be accepting the top marks from those that are entered. This means that the act of ‘registering’ DOES NOT mean that the athlete or relay team registered will be automatically accepted into the meet.
- Individuals: $25.00
- Relay Teams: $60.00
You will be charged a registration fee at the time of your entry on Direct Athletics. This fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee acceptance into the meet. We suggest that you do not enter unless you feel confident that your performance falls within the range of marks that are normally accepted into this event. Please note that our registration process no longer allows a club or individual to pay their fees on meet day.
CONTESTED EVENTS: 100-200-400-800-1500-3000SC-5000-10,000-100H-110H-400H-4×100-4×200-4×400-LJ-TJ-HJ-PV-SHOT-DISCUS-JAVELIN-MULTI EVENT
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: The Elite Division of the Mt. SAC Relays will be contested on Wednesday, April 13, Thursday, April 14, Friday, April 15 and Saturday, April 16, 2022.
SCRATCHES: If you must scratch AFTER the scratch deadline has passed, please do one of the following:
- Please click on this link to report any scratches: https://www.mtsacathletics.com/specialevents/MtSACRelays/scratchforms/elite
- If you scratch an athlete or relay team AFTER our “Scratch Deadline” you will still be charged the full registration fee.
PACKET PICK UP: All Elite Division Entrants may pick up their wristbands and parking permit (Lot F) at the Drive Through Credential Pick-Up located at Building 45 next to the Soccer Fields (CLICK LINK TO VIEW MAP TO CREDENTIAL PICK-UP! See PDF file: https://www.
Park in Lot F on the north side of Temple. Take the tunnel that runs beneath Temple and follow the signage.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURE FOR ATHLETES: Please show your athlete wristband and enter through the front gate athlete entrance which is just East of the Main Entrance. In addition, each individual athlete entered will be given a coaches wristband for entrance as well.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURE FOR CLUBS: Each club will receive coaches’ wristbands calculated upon the following formula:
- One athlete One wristband
- Two to five athletes Three wristbands
- Six to twenty athletes Six wristbands
All coaches and/or support personnel with you must have a wristband ON their wrist to enter the stadium. This is a very generous policy and as such there will be no exceptions to this entrance requirement. Please plan accordingly.
EVENT CHECK IN:
- FIELD EVENT ATHLETES will check in with the official at your field event site 30 minutes prior to the start of your event.
- RUNNING EVENT ATHLETES need to be aware of the following steps:
- They must check in at the CLERK OF THE COURSE and declare their intention to run at least 30 MINUTES prior to the start of your event. An athlete can declare earlier and a coach may go through our Clerk Tent and ‘declare’ for their athlete.
- The athlete must report back to the HIPPING area 15 minutes prior to the start of the event to receive their heat and lane assignment along with their hip number. ONLY the athlete can do this.
- The athlete will stay in our Hipping area and be brought to the start line as a group. Make sure they are prepared and ready to go to the start line at this point.
- The Clerk of the Course and the Hipping area will be located behind our scoreboard at the south end of the track. Running Event athletes will enter the track via the gate at the south end of the track in the middle of the curve.
CLERKING DETAILS TO BE AWARE OF:
- Athlete heat and lane change will occur if there are scratches or a competitor falls to declare.
- Final heat and lane assignments will be given on meet day at the Hipping area.
- Depending on the number of sections ran, please be aware that there may still be some slight time changes to the schedule. Please check our runmtsac.com website for FINAL TIME SCHEDULE.
PARKING: There is no charge for bus parking or for school vans. All other vehicles will be charged. Park in lot F located on the NORTH side of Temple Avenue and NORTH of our stadium. See: https://www.mtsac.edu/maps/athletic_facility_map.pdf
TEAM CAMPS AND TENT POLICY:
Team camps (i.e., tents. tarps, shade structures) are NOT allowed in the following locations:
- Lower ring of seats closest to the track on either side of the track
- Warm-up track and the synthetic turf infield of the warm-up track
- Parking structure
Team Camps ARE allowed in the following locations:
- Upper rows of stadium on EAST side of track
- Top 10 rows of stadium on WEST side of track
- Grass field located BEHIND the stadium scoreboard
STADIUM ENTRANCE: Everyone must enter the stadium via the tunnel in Lot F on the NORTH side of Temple Avenue. See: https://www.mtsac.edu/maps/athletic_facility_map.pdf
There is no stadium entrance this year for participants via our parking structure or Bonita Road. That will change when for the 2023 event and construction on our new Aquatics Complex/Gymnasiums and Wellness Center has been completed.
The Mt. SAC Relays will be contested regardless of weather conditions. There are no refunds due to inclement weather, acts of God, police or fire department closure or any other circumstances beyond our control. The Mt. SAC Relays reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule the event. There will be no refunds in the event of cancellation.