- TUE = 10:00am to 5:00pm
- WED = 10:00am to 5:00pm
- THU* = 10:00am to 5:00pm
- FRI* = Whenever stadium is open
- SAT* = Whenever stadium is open
*During event times, GATE and PARKING WILL BE CONTROLLED. You must wear your wristbands for admission. On Saturday, certain areas of the practice track MAY BE CLOSED due to events hosted on practice track.
- TUE** = 10:00am to 5:00pm
- WED = CLOSED
- THU = CLOSED
- FRI = CLOSED
- SAT = CLOSED
**Track is open, but all field event facilities will be closed on the main track.
High Schools will register at the Athletic.net website.
Important Note: We do not treat the boys’ and girls’ teams from the same high school as two separate programs. Our expectation is that both teams from the same high school will register together. All related information sent out to schools – including accepted lists, confirmations and heat & lane assignments, will be sent to only the single email listed by your school at the time of registration.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
Registration opens on Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 12:01am (PT) Pacific Time
Registration closes on Friday, April 1, 2022 at 11:59pm (PT)
Accepted Entries Posted: A list of all athletes accepted into this year’s Mt. SAC Relays and the events in which they have been accepted will be posted at runmtsac.com by 5:00pm (PT) on Monday, April 4, 2022. If an athlete is listed as “Accepted”, that means that your athlete will be competing in the Mt. SAC Relay and that they will be in either the invitational or seeded race or field event section. The coach will have 24 hours to “scratch” that athlete—if the coach does not scratch that athlete by the SCRATCH deadline, the credit card used at registration will be billed for that amount.
Scratch Deadline: If you are going to scratch an ‘accepted’ athlete you will have until 9:00pm (PT) on Tuesday, April 5, 2022 to do so. You will be charged the Registration fee for all ‘accepted’ athletes that you have not scratched by this deadline.
Final Confirmation: We will post final accepted entries along with specific heat/section information by 5:00pm (PT) on Friday, April 8, 2022.
ENTRY MARKS: All marks submitted must have been achieved in 2022 and must be an official mark listed on Athletic.net.
MINIMUM ENTRY STANDARDS: While there are no minimum entry standards, be aware that there are a limited number of spaces available in each event. We will only be accepting the top marks from those that are entered. This means that the act of ‘registering’ an athlete online through Athletic.net DOES NOT mean that the athlete or relay team registered will be automatically accepted into the meet.
Individuals: $25.00 per individual per event
Relay Teams: $60.00
Entry Fee Cap: $360 per gender or $720 both genders
You will need to authorize a credit card to enter athletes into our meet. You will only be charged for the athletes ACCEPTED. Nothing will be charged to that credit card until our Scratch Deadline has passed. Please note that our registration process no longer allows a school or individual to pay their fees on meet day. All fees must be paid prior to your arrival at the event. This system speeds up team entry into the stadium by insuring all have paid prior to arrival. Athletic.net registration system can generate an online receipt for you if you need to submit for reimbursement from your school or District.
HIGH SCHOOL CONTESTED EVENTS: 100-200-400-800-Mile-3200-100H-110H-300H-4×100-4×200-4×400-4×800-4×1600-Shuttle Hurdles-1600 Sprint Medley-LJ-TJ-HJ-PV-Shot-Discus
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: The High School sections of the Mt. SAC Relays will be contested on Friday, April 15 and Saturday, April 16, 2022.
SCRATCHES: If you still must scratch an athlete AFTER the scratch deadline has passed, please do one of the following:
- NOTE: Scratches can only be made by the Official High School Coach.
- Phone the Special Events office at (909) 274-4840. Give us the following information in person or leave a voice mail if we don’t pick up:
- Athlete’s name
- Event, or events, you are scratching from
- Your name and phone number so we can call and confirm the scratch.
- Email our High School Division Director, Tim O’Rourke at email@example.com. Give him the same information in your email that we ask for above. IMPORTANT: Please enter “SCRATCH” in the subject heading of your email.
- If you scratch an athlete or relay team AFTER our “Scratch Deadline” you will still be charged the full registration fee for those athletes and/or relay teams.
UPDATE OF ENTRIES: Official seed times on Athletic.net will continue to update until the close of registration listed above. After this date, the school’s coach, and only the schools coach, may submit updated marks via email to our High School Division Director, Tim O’Rourke. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter “UPDATE” in the subject heading of your email. NOTE: This is only for updating existing entry marks. Do not send in ‘late entries’. They will not be considered.
ALTERNATES: Athletes who enter an individual event but are not accepted into the meet may be placed on an Alternates List in an order determined by our seeding committee. As scratches are made during the week or on meet day, those alternates from the Alternates List will be placed into the meet in the order they are listed.
Any alternate who is added into the meet prior to the scratch deadline will be charged a registration fee and that fee will be added to the team’s total fee and charged to the credit card used at registration.
The fields in the distance races and field events are purposely created with larger than expected fields—anticipating for the usual number of scratches that occur; therefore, there are no alternates in the distance races or field events at any time.
When Final Confirmations are first posted, there will be 10 alternates listed for each lane race. By the day before the meet, that list will be pared down to only five alternates for each lane race. No additional alternates will be added or accepted into the meet.
The only alternates admitted into the stadium will be the five alternates listed in each of the lane races.
PACKET PICK-UP: Team packets and entrance wristbands may be picked up at the box office located in the main stadium entrance (North end of stadium). Park in Lot F on the north side of Temple. Take the tunnel that runs beneath Temple and follow the signage. See: https://www.mtsac.edu/maps/athletic_facility_map.pdf
IMPORTANT NOTE: We do not ‘hold’ packets for individuals from the teams to pick up their credentials throughout the day. The first one to arrive on scene at packet pick-up will receive the entire packet. It is up to you to coordinate any distribution of contents to your staff and athletes.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURE FOR ATHLETES: When you arrive at ‘Packet Pick-Up’ you will be given a wristband for every individual athlete that has been accepted into the meet. You will also be given four wristbands for each Relay Team you had accepted into our meet. We recognize that your Relay Team members may be running on more than one Relay or they may be in the meet as an individual as well as a Relay Team member. You will also receive one wristband for each alternate listed in a lane race. This means that you will end up with more athlete wristbands than probably needed. Use these as you see fit (team manager, trainer. etc.), but please understand that all athletes must have a wristband ON their wrist to enter the stadium. There will be no exceptions. Please plan accordingly.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURE FOR COACHES: Each school will receive coaches’ wristbands calculated upon the following formula:
- One athlete Two wristbands
- Two to five athletes Four wristbands
- Six to twenty Athletes Eight wristbands
- More than twenty Athletes Ten wristbands
All coaches and/or support personnel with you must have a wristband ON their wrist to enter the stadium. This is a very generous policy and as such there will be no exceptions to this entrance requirement. Please plan accordingly.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We do not treat the boys’ and girls’ teams from the same high school as two separate programs. The wristband numbers above are for both the boys’ and the girls’ teams.
EVENT CHECK IN:
- FIELD EVENT ATHLETES will check in with the official at your field event site 45 minutes prior to the start of your event. (Example: A 3:00pm High Jump start would report to the competition pit at 2:15pm. General warm-up for that athlete will take place outside of the competition venue.)
- RUNNING EVENT ATHLETES need to be aware of the following steps:
- They must check in at the CLERK OF THE COURSE and declare their intention to run at least 30 MINUTES prior to the start of your event. An athlete can declare earlier and a coach may go through our line and ‘declare’ for their athlete.
- The athlete must report back to the HIPPING area 15 minutes prior to the start of the event to receive their heat and lane assignment along with their hip number. ONLY the athlete can do this.
- The athlete will stay in our Hipping area and be brought to the start line as a group. Make sure they are prepared and ready to go to the start line at this point.
- The Clerk of the Course and the Hipping area will be located behind our scoreboard at the south end of the track. Running Event athletes will be escorted onto the track via the gate at the south end of the track in the middle of the curve.
CLERKING DETAILS TO BE AWARE OF:
- Athlete heat and lane change will occur if there are scratches.
- Final heat and lane assignments will be given on meet day at the Hipping area.
- Depending on the number of sections run, please be aware there may still be some slight time changes to the schedule. Please check our runmtsac.com website for FINAL TIME SCHEDULE.
PARKING: There is no charge for bus parking or for school vans. All other vehicles will be charged. Park in lot F located on the NORTH side of Temple Avenue and NORTH of our stadium. See: https://www.mtsac.edu/maps/athletic_facility_map.pdf
TEAM CAMPS AND TENT POLICY:
Team camps (tents. tarps, shade structures) are NOT allowed in the following locations:
- Lower ring of seats closest to the track on either side of the track
- Warm-up track and the synthetic turf infield of the warm-up track
- Parking structure
Team Camps ARE allowed in the following locations:
- Upper rows of stadium on EAST side of track
- Top 10 rows of stadium on WEST side of track
- Grass field located BEHIND the stadium scoreboard
STADIUM ENTRANCE: Everyone must enter the stadium via the tunnel in Lot F on the NORTH side of Temple Avenue. See: https://www.mtsac.edu/maps/athletic_facility_map.pdf
There is no stadium entrance this year for participants via our parking structure or Bonita Road. That will change when for the 2023 event and construction on our new Aquatics Complex/Gymnasiums and Wellness Center has been completed.
CANCELLATION POLICY: The Mt. SAC Relays will be contested regardless of weather conditions. There are no refunds due to inclement weather, acts of God, police or fire department closure or any other circumstances beyond our control. The Mt. SAC Relays reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule the event. There will be no refunds in the event of cancellation.