Foreign Athlete Participants and Coaches:
With the establishment of our new Mt. SAC Relays schedule, there are now less opportunities (fewer heats and fewer sections) for high school athletes to compete; because of this, we are forced to place strict limitations on the participation of foreign high school athletes.
Foreign athletes may still enter the meet; however, local athletes will be given priority acceptance when the foreign athlete and the local athlete have similar entry marks. With the incredible talent pool in Southern California, coupled with the hundreds of entries we receive for each event, there is very little chance that an average to above average foreign athlete will be accepted into the high school portion of the meet. Realistically, a foreign high school athlete would need to be equivalent in performance to a California High School state finalist to earn a spot into our meet.
If you feel you have an athlete of that caliber who has achieved a tremendous mark in this calendar year that can be verified, we ask you to first e-mail the meet director, Tim O’Rourke (email@example.com ) and request approval to enter (see entry process below).
No foreign athlete should enter the Mt. SAC Relays without the express prior approval from the high school meet director, Tim O’Rourke. Entering our meet without prior approval could be a costly mistake. Meet entry is based solely on verified marks and times. Distance traveled, expenses incurred while traveling, and other unrelated factors do not play a role in our decision to accept an entry or not.
FOREIGN HIGH SCHOOL ENTRY PROCESS
E-mail the High School Division Director, Tim O’Rourke, the following information:
- Athlete’s First and Last Name
- High School Name, address and phone number
- City, Country
- Event(s) athlete would like to enter
- Athlete’s best mark(s) for each event this season
- Name of Competition, location and date where the mark(s) was / were achieved
E-mail this information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All foreign athletes must meet the following six criteria AND all the supporting documents that verify the athlete(s) does meet the criteria, must be received in our office by Monday, March 20, 2023.
- Athlete(s) must be 18 years of age or less.
- Athlete(s) must be currently enrolled in an accredited high school.
- Athlete(s) MUST be officially entered into the Relays by that school. The athlete cannot be entered by a parent or club coach.
- An official coach from that school MUST accompany the athlete to the Relays.
- Athlete(s) must not have completed more than seven semesters of high school.
- Athlete(s) must be passing at least four classes.
*If you wish to enter a relay team, ALL four members of the relay MUST be from the same high school and all four athletes must meet all the criteria listed above.
If you receive approval from our meet director, Tim O’Rourke, then the athlete’s school must submit the following paperwork to our office by Monday, March 20, 2023.
- Verification athlete(s) is not older than 18.
- Verification athlete(s) is currently enrolled in an accredited high school.
- Name and position of the coach who will accompany the athlete to the Relays.
- Verification the athlete(s) has not completed more than seven semesters of high school.
- Verification the athlete(s) is currently passing at least four classes.
*If a relay team, ALL four members of the relay MUST be from the same high school and all four athletes must meet all the criteria listed above.
All of this paperwork must be received in our Mt. SAC Relays office by Monday, March 20, 2023.
Mail documents to:
Mt. SAC College
ATTN: Mt. SAC Relays – Brian Yokoyama
1100 N Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91789
DEADLINE IS MARCH 20, 2023
Without this paperwork, we regret that we will not be able to allow your athlete to compete in the Mt. SAC Relays.